Okta’s Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) functionality is a best-of-breed, world-class set of strong products built on a philosophy of Zero Trust. We are looking for a Senior/ Group Product Manager with a strong technical background, good business sense and ability to partner closely with engineering, user experience, and product marketing teams to deliver on a portfolio of products.
This portfolio includes:
- Okta’s Enterprise Authentication business and integrations which includes the platform for enterprise authenticators as well as hybrid access integrations
- Okta’s Federal roadmap for integrations with strong authenticators for customers in the government sector
Your primary responsibilities in these areas will include:
- Driving the roadmap for Enterprise Authentication: you will own the product strategy and roadmap for our Enterprise Authentication integrations, which cover authenticators that are primarily used for Workforce Identity use cases. Examples are: Okta Verify, WebAuthn integrations, custom TOTP integrations and so on. You will also own the roadmap for hybrid access integrations which our largest customers depend on to access their on-premise applications and resources, using protocols such as RADIUS.
- Owning the roadmap for identity and access management for Federal customers, working in conjunction with our Federal sales team to make our government customers successful
- In both areas, understanding key customer requirements and integration use cases for access management and MFA will be key. Our MFA business is dependent on Okta integration with existing technologies and customer environments. As the product lead for the Enterprise Authentication and Federal areas, you’ll need to deeply understand customer environments, technologies, and use cases for strong authentication.
- Collaborate with enablement and field teams to drive success in our MFA business: as the subject matter expert for our MFA business, you need to coordinate across various team’s roadmaps to ensure we’re delivering on our core MFA business.
- Executing: You live and breathe delivery. You collaborate with architecture, engineering and UX to design from a platform-centric perspective and ship features that delight customers and put us ahead of the competition. You work across mobile and desktop surface areas to create experiences that customers love.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and direction for our key standalone Enterprise Authentication product requirements well as integrations
- Define the execution roadmaps for Enterprise Authentication and Federal
- Evangelize your vision to the engineering team, sales team, and customers
Product Delivery and Execution
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering and design to spec experiences that are platform-first and aim to delight customers at scale
- Work with your scrum teams to deliver features on-time, on-target that unlock key use cases
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
Customer Engagement and Requirements Gathering
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges with MFA with respect to both broader enterprise use cases
- Understand challenges to deployment and usability around strong authentication solutions
- Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
- Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new offerings
- Inform pricing and packaging changes based on your subject matter expertise
- Collaborate on content creation to launch new features
Own the Product
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
- Build a world class MFA product
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 6+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management experience for Sr. PM. Higher tenures will be considered for the Group Product Manager role.
- Advanced degree or Master of Business Administration
- Knowledge of enterprise security products and services
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Knowledge in strong authentication solutions
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
- Major pluses for candidates with experience with IT technologies stacks and protocols (VPNs, IdPs, RADIUS, etc)
Meet the manager:
Grace Wardhana is Senior Director of Devices and Security Products at Okta.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.