Today there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However, the end user experiences for creating, managing and using their identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last decade. Today, users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords that effectively proxy their relationships with businesses. As Okta, we believe the users are ready for a better experience, and our goal is to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet.
To do this, we need your help! We’re looking for well-rounded technical PMs to own and drive the vision and roadmap of the new product initiatives to build this new future.
Creating the best developer and user experience is key to our vision. As such we're seeking someone who feels strong empathy for the developer persona and advocates for great user experience. Successful candidates will also have following qualities:
- As a product manager, you take ownership of your product area because you care deeply about its success
- You’re curious by nature, are open to new ideas and perspectives, and reflect that into your work actively.
- You’re deeply technical and want to get hands-on to understand the existing user and developer experience and identify opportunities to improve it
- You achieve your business goals by influencing and collaborating with key stakeholders in the organization such as engineering, marketing and sales.
- You seek out feedback from your users because you are focused on their success
- You hold yourself to the highest ethical standards and want to work at a company that does the same
- You have excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal, and written) and like the challenge of helping people have "lightbulb" or "aha" moments
Come join a team building the future of digital identity!
Job duties and responsibilities
- Research, develop and advocate for a developer-oriented product strategy
- Talk to developers and users to understand their pain points, become their voice and effectively articulate their needs and pain points
- Define a product strategy and roadmap incorporating tooling, resources, documentation, and UI to deliver on developer success
- Stay on top of industry and trends and adapt your strategy and roadmap accordingly
- Design, build and deliver a great developer and user experience in our products across Okta
- Collaborate closely with our UX and technical writing teams to deliver world-class documentation
- Drive product improvements with data
- Understand, track and drive our user and developer funnel through your products
- Define and gather metrics that help identify friction, measure success, and drive fast iteration loops
- Work with the data analytics team to automate reporting of user metrics
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience across the product management lifecycle for a consumer and/or enterprise product
- Strong technical background
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience with developing user flows, and enabling customizable experiences
- Experience creating and managing multi-tenant SaaS software products at a market-leading company
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.