Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world, and to optimize for this market we need experienced technical marketers who can go beyond point products to identify overall customer problems and how Okta solves those problems across our product lines.
This technical marketing role is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on bringing Okta Platform Services to market. Okta Platform Services is the foundational set of technologies that power Okta’s products and experiences and enable customers and partners to build on the Okta platform. The Senior Technical Marketing Manager will create technical narratives and content to enable our customers and field teams to understand the value of Okta Platform Services support to enable sales and accelerate adoption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a technical subject matter expert for Okta Platform Services. This includes understanding how Okta built and developed these foundational technologies, and how the platform is architected to provide customers customization and extensibility.
- Work with product management to validate use cases and create reference architectures.
- Create high quality technical content such as demos, white papers, blog posts, and other assets.
- Develop enablement and training materials for our sales engineering, customer success, and professional services teams.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the identity and access management technology landscape.
- Work alongside other members of the product marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how Okta Platform Services helps solve those problems.
- Provide “in deal” support to the sales and sales engineering teams to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training and tools. (Feel free to share samples of your work ahead of time!)
- Expert understanding of identity standards such as OIDC, SAML, and SCIM.
- Capable of building demos that require software development knowledge, such as the use of APIs and webhooks, and familiarity with tools such as Postman, Github, etc.
- Experienced in common directory services, such as Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer