You are an articulate and seasoned technical expert who understands and can appreciate the challenges that developers and solutions architects face when integrating multiple systems and services into custom solutions. You have a technical depth, developer skill set, and a real passion for helping Okta’s customers and partners use our secure, scalable, Identity Platform.
- Be a subject matter expert for our developer support team as they help developers and architects with architectural issues they may encounter while building with Okta
- Support our community team in helping developers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Provide developer support for developers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed
- Craft and deliver technical content to show developers/architects how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Distill and communicate developers / architects needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Familiar with with cloud infrastructure platforms like Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS etc
- A passion to serve developers, which has played out in some developer/customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally solutions engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly on a whiteboard.
- Deep experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator.
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.