Imagine being able to build complex automation, without having to write or deploy code. That’s Okta Workflows, our no-code platform.
The goal of Workflows is to automate identity-centric processes (like the onboarding and offboarding of employees in different applications), all in a visual, drag and drop interface. As the fastest growing product at Okta, we’ve seen incredible adoption and success, and are growing our product team to take on new challenges.
Okta serves two primary use cases: Workforce Identity and Customer Identity. The launch of Workflows has primarily been focused on the former; how can we build an automation platform catered to IT so that they can better serve their employees. With this new role, we’re looking to tackle use cases targeted at Customer Identity with the developer as our core persona. For customers like Emirates or JetBlue building a consumer application with Okta as the identity layer, how can we better serve their automation needs in a no-code way?
We are looking for a driven, curious, and empathetic product manager to join the team. As a Product Manager for Workflows, you will be responsible for evolving the Workflows platform to help customers across a range of technical backgrounds meet complex and forward-looking use cases beyond what Okta does out of the box. While you’ll primarily focus on transforming Workflows for the developer persona, Workflows is a platform, so serving multiple personas and use cases should be in your DNA. You also know that the job doesn’t stop with shipping, and you’re passionate about measuring success and ensuring that your customers are happy and successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect with customers and internal teams and distill down feature asks and pain points to true requirements that deliver broad customer value
- Develop roadmaps that make hard tradeoffs and prioritize the highest value work first
- Build compelling hypotheses and find ways to validate assumptions at low cost
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and UX to define robust and scalable solutions that balance business and platform outcomes
- Leverage product data to continually get smarter about how to improve our existing products, and work across the business to drive adoption and success
- Track industry trends and think strategically to develop solutions that are differentiated from the competition
- Be the subject matter expert for your product area and help enable your counterparts in marketing and technical sales
- 2+ years of product management experience with a clear track record of customer insight, delivery, business impact, and growth.
- Development experience in at least one language; comfort with REST APIs, JSON, and developer tools.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You can break down a big problem space, produce solid action plans from often incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs, and follow through to drive impact.
- Excellent communication (presentation, verbal and written) and collaboration skills. You easily work with customers and colleagues across different functions and backgrounds.
- Naturally curious with excitement and proven ability to learn new products and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Experience building or product managing developer centric products, integration services, or core platforms
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Familiarity with Identity and Access management protocols and products
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.