DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new and existing Okta products.
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviors.
- Apply your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details, and user goals.
- Support UI engineering by providing all necessary visual assets and CSS attributes.
- Employ data and analytics to measure design outcomes.
- Embrace candid feedback, prototyping, and early failure as design accelerators.
- Actively mentor junior designers and drive projects that address design team-level challenges.
- 5+ years of experience in UX / product design.
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or work experience as a designer.
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and / or similar design tools.
- Can comfortably distill complex technical problems into clear, conceptual models and simple, elegant solutions.
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, at ease with technical subject matter, and preferably has a good sense of humor.
- Must provide a digital portfolio that showcases impressive skills across a variety of projects, emphasizing work that has been seen and used successfully in actual product, with demonstrated value. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Personal Disclosure
- Personal Learning
- Problem Solving
- Standing Alone
- Strategic Agility
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Work/Life Balance
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.