Staff UX Researchers at Okta lead critical research efforts, complicated multi-phase studies, and create programs that help define entire product areas. Staff UX Researchers also provide mentorship to other team members and are a conduit for cross-functional product development and alignment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of tools and technologies across a broad spectrum of spaces, because our products do, but you will be primarily responsible for creating and owning a research program for our new products in the consumer space, including a digital wallet. You are passionate about complex experiences and are capable of parsing complicated flows. You also understand how to leverage research to make the business successful, and you will apply your technical understanding in order to accomplish company goals in this area.
- Grow and develop a research program aimed at understanding personal needs of our various audiences and how they use or would like to use our products.
- Prioritize, organize, and manage research initiatives across these teams.
- Facilitate cross-discipline research to drive clarity and decision-making.
- Design mechanisms to build up customer empathy and deep knowledge of our end users, consumers, administrators, and other identified audiences.
- Represent your research to other leaders and executives.
- Evangelize research findings for durability and shared understanding of problems.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practices for conducting research
- Deep experience with technical and/or security-based products
- Experience with products made for consumers, administrators, or other technically experienced audiences
- Deep experience with research methodologies and how to apply them
- Plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and company personnel
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, etc
- Excellent cognitive and communication skills
- Possess empathy for users, knowledge of and passion for the technical experiences
Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
Prefer advanced degree in Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related
6+ years of user research, individual contributor experience
2+ years of experience leading work
Experience with developer products and with developers as users
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.