Staff Visual Designer
Our purpose is to free anyone to safely use any technology. It’s the freedom to make powerful choices, to connect to anything, and to innovate at scale with an identity-first approach. We’re builders and owners of a future-focused digital ecosystem in which identity is central to a more secure and connected world.
As pioneers in dynamic work, we’re all about empowering people with flexibility. At Okta, you set your own hours, make your own decisions, and work from wherever you work best, whether that’s in one of our 13 international offices or not.
Impact and equity are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Our founders took the 1% percent pledge early in our growth and created Okta for Good to empower every employee to make meaningful contributions. And because we recognize that every identity is unique, we’ve designed our Employee Resource Groups—People of Color, Pride, Veterans, and Women at Okta—to help everyone feel a sense of belonging, both inside and outside of work.
Our Visual and Content Design Team improves the product experience through typography, color, layout, icons, illustrations and patterns as well as creating an on-brand voice and tone in our messaging. We help teams build beautiful and intuitive experiences for our customers through our scalable design system, asset creation and hands-on collaboration. We collaborate with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers and Technical Writers to implement visual and content design solutions. We’re a fast-growing, super collaborative group with a passion for bringing consumer product values to the enterprise context. Our Design Team is known across the Product Org for our energizing, connected, positive culture.
The Staff Visual Designer is responsible for helping to elevate the UI of our product by building patterns that our Design Team can leverage to consistently solve common user challenges to increase design quality, product velocity and build customer trust.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build and curate our design pattern library to help Product Designers solve for problems more quickly
- Partner with UX-specialized Product Designers from a visual perspective to co-develop UIs for various parts of the product
- Impact the quality of our product by working closely with our Design System Team to influence the style of our base and component libraries
- Co-create our icon, illustration and diagram libraries to ensure they are on-brand
- Develop stylistic documentation guidelines for our visual design libraries
- Empower designers through culture of continuous learning
- Develop collaborative partnerships with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers and Technical Writers
- Act as an ambassador for the Visual and Content Design Team
You could be a fit if you have:
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in Visual Design, Web Design, App Design or Product Design
- Strong UI design skills
- Experience creating icons, illustrations, diagrams for onboarding, empty states or other product flows; Motion graphics is a plus
- Proficiency in Figma, Jira, Miro and Google Workspace
- An understanding of design thinking and design culture processes
- The qualities of a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills
- Curiosity about the world of design and product, love to learn and inspire the team
A link to your portfolio is required with your application
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $135,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.