Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. Okta integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 5,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
What is this role all about?
Our Technical Marketing Summer Internship will immerse you into Okta’s Product organization. The technical marketing team at Okta serves as the company’s lens into how customers are using Okta’s products in the real world. You’ll work closely with the larger Product organization - product management, product marketing, design, and developer relations, to ensure that our vision for Okta’s products aligns with the market & customer requirements.
To ensure that Okta’s product offerings solve real world problems in the identity and access management space, technical marketing is responsible for several core deliverables including technical sales enablement, leading beta programs with customers for new products and features, and competitive analysis of Okta’s products in the larger IAM market. As a summer intern on the technical marketing team, you’ll work on high impact projects across these areas.
Potential projects and responsibilities:
- Analysis of the competitive landscape in identity and access management & creation of internally and externally facing collateral for our sales teams
- Manage customer facing beta programs for new features in various product areas
- Configuration of demo environments to showcase how Okta’s products integrate with other SaaS applications
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program, pursuing a technology focused degree
- 1-3 years of work experience in a technical field, or past internships where your projects were focused on technical deliverables
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams (could be from past work experience or academic projects)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Passion and drive to create industry-leading products
What will you get out of this role?
Our goal for the technical marketing summer internship is to give our interns a real sense of what working in the product organization is like at Okta, and to prepare you for similar roles in the future. You’ll become familiar with how each team within Product contributes to the product development lifecycle at one of the fastest SaaS companies in the world. And, you’ll be working on a small, but very visible team here at Okta, helping to drive collaboration across the company.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.