Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The UX Research (UXR) Team leads critical research efforts at Okta, including designing complicated multi-phase studies and creating programs that help define entire product areas. Our goal is to empower our Product Design partners with the insights they need to make well-informed design decisions. We also use our insights and perspective to support cross-functional product development and alignment. We’re a highly-motivated, detail-oriented group with a passion for products, people, and bigger-picture insights.
Location: Remote or In-Person
The Intern UX Researcher will have the opportunity to lead research projects in their product area and support high impact projects in day to day research activities such as writing research plans, recruiting participants, running sessions, data analysis, and presenting findings. The ideal candidate approaches work with curiosity by asking rich questions, is passionate about our customers and telling their stories, strives to create a positive impact on the team, and cultivates continuous learning. You will be given every opportunity to grow as a researcher and as a product thinker.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Lead at least one research project in product area from end to end
- Support everyday research activities such as writing research plans, recruiting participants, running sessions, note-taking, and data analysis
- Present research findings to the product team and key stakeholders including UX designers, product managers, and engineers
- Learn about the tools and applications researchers use
You could be a fit if you have:
- The qualities of a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player
- Curiosity about the world of design and product, love to learn and share with the team
- Experience with recruiting participants for research or a scientific study
- Knowledge of UX research methods
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Current pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field (e.g. Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Journalism, Communication, Human Factors) or have relevant project experience e.g. academic research, coursework, past employment, volunteer or personal projects
- Prefer candidates who will be able to work in Pacific Time Zone as most of the team is located on the West Coast
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer.
Okta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.