Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 10,650 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
In addition to being the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, Okta is now working to revolutionize how consumers will securely store and access their digital lives - including driver’s license, credit cards, phone, computer access and online credentials securely using biometrics. The Okta Identity Wallet will also hold an individual’s Identity Graph which includes critical personal data like family details, health and fitness telemetry to name a few. This wallet will become the hub for securely controlling access and consent across the entire web for an individual’s digital life.
The Vice President of Product Management for Okta Personal will be responsible for building Okta’s ambitious new consumer identity product.
Come join our team to help build the next generation of consumer identity security products beyond traditional (and outdated) passwords! We are looking for a leader who can formulate the vision and strategy for secure digital wallets and act as the builder/owner responsible for growing this vital business for Okta’s future vision. This is a highly visible and cross-functional role where you will be at the forefront of defining what’s next for one of the industry’s leading security platforms.
- Drive the overall product strategy and roadmap for the Okta Personal Cloud platform including our Identity Wallet.
- Collaborate closely with our Chief Product Officer and CEO by providing thought leadership and strategic insight on building a consumer focused product from the ground up.
- Lead a team of product managers that partner closely with Engineering, Design and Marketing to test problem hypotheses and validate solutions.
- Think strategically about consumer focused identity problems and drive a culture of experimentation.
- Lead a cross-functional team in growing this new line of business to become one of Okta’s key product pillars.
- Define measurable outcomes for your teams and regularly track and report on progress.
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support creation of a go-to-market strategy.
Qualifications & Experiences
- 10+ years of professional experience of increasing responsibilities in product management roles at consumer focused companies.
- At your core you consider yourself a 0-1 entrepreneur - you have a history of bringing to market innovative consumer products.
- Experience leading a team of product managers including director-level product leaders.
- You have a deep technical acumen which accompany your phenomenal business and communication skills.
- You have a customer-first mindset which allows you to create detailed product requirements and solutions that bring delight to customers.
- You have experience being hands-on with Engineering teams to design solutions that require your design input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of leading teams in delivering impactful products consisting of deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent entrepreneurial experience
- Knowledge or experience working with Identity and consumer security products
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $271,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.