This role operates at the intersection of product, sales, customer success and marketing. You’re technically oriented, but also a strong storyteller who can transform increasingly complex identity and infrastructure needs into distilled and differentiated messages.
- Build a world-class product marketing team. You have directly led and scaled a product marketing team for a hyper growth company.
- Lead them well. You care deeply about growing your team and helping them to achieve their career ambitions.
- Define the go-to-market plays. You will work closely with sales leadership and solution marketing counterparts to define the target audiences, personas and messaging required to reach them effectively.
- Deliver innovative messaging. You will define the positioning and value propositions of our Workforce Identity product line and products.
- Major product launches. You’ll work closely with product and program management to drive the launch process for marketing and sales.
- Turn the field sales organization into a force multiplier. You’ll work closely with sales and enablement leadership to train the field on product positioning, pitches and the sales process--from qualification and discovery through the deal closing.
- Engage with industry and financial analysts. You will lead, influence and drive Okta’s position in the hearts and minds of our analyst communities.
- Deliver content to support the buyer’s journey and marketing campaigns. Your team with help to drive assets including dynamic presentations, demos and sales tools.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of professional experience of increasing responsibilities in product marketing roles.
- Experience marketing cloud-based products, ideally through the CIO and CISO’s organizations.
- Background in marketing to the world’s largest organizations (G2K).
- You have a deep technical acumen, and blend that with phenomenal business and communication skills.
- You are an exceptional storyteller, and have an allergy to buzzwords.
- You’re comfortable working directly with customers--be it the CIO of a Fortune 100, or an architect on the technical team.
- Experience leading a team of 15+, with multiple layers of management.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $226,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.