We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Alliances Sales Engineering team is growing!
Okta believes in partners: their know-how and their reach, together with our technology will help taking Identity mainstream and consolidate our position as a Leader in the market.
Alliance Sales Engineers are pre-sales dedicated to growing Okta business through the Channel and they work closely with Regional Alliance Managers, Sales Representatives, Product Marketing and Partner Enablement.
As an Alliance Sales Engineer at Okta, you will build strong, long standing relationships with key partners, GSI, Distributors and Technology Vendors in the DACH Market.
You will become their trusted advisor for anything Identity and Access Management related and will help them understand how Okta can best fit in their GTM Strategy, integrating with their current offerings.
You will be enabling, evangelising, supporting Partners on and off the Sales Lifecycle, leading our partners in building Okta practices that deliver exceptional customer outcomes.
As an Okta Alliances Sales Engineer you will:
- Support the Field Alliance team in enabling partners on our Technology;
- Hep Partners integrating Okta in their product portfolios, by understanding their sales motion and value proposition;
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise to Account Executives and Partners;
- Execute Demos and POCs in conjunction with partners for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed;
- Craft technical content to show partners how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies;
- Prepare demos tailored toward specific Partners and Prospects use cases;
- Distill and communicating Partners and Customers needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales;
- Complete technical solution aspect of RFP/RFIs;
- Support marketing events and partner events;
- Provide mentoring and training to assigned Channel Partners in the DACH region;
- Lead technical workshops for Partners;
- Acquire and Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how Okta can deliver value
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in pre-sales consulting role, consulting or software development;
- Understanding of VARs, SIs, GSIs, VADs business models;
- Self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team;
- A strong technical background in IT Security and SaaS solutions;
- A passion to work with Partners;
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard;
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application;
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP, CASB, PROXIES;
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage
- Ideally, experience with at least two modern standard federation protocol: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, WS-FED, OpenID Connect;
- Elite communicator;
- Evangelist at core: confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience;
- Happy to travel (typically up to 30-40%);
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field;
- Fluent in German, any another European language is an advantage.
This opportunity can be based out of our Munich office in Germany or remote based within Germany.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.