We believe Sales Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Okta’s Sales Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform. This role can be based remotely in France.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Field Alliance team in helping partners understand what they can achieve with Okta and how.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology.
- Provides pre-sales technical expertise by assisting Account Executives and Partners in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing plans for the implementation of customer POCs.
- White Board Okta solutions.
- Execute the delivery of POCs in conjunction with partners for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed.
- Craft technical content to show partners how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies.
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform.
- Distill and communicate customer and partners needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Complete technical solution aspect of RFP/RFIs.
- Support marketing events and partner events.
- Provide training as needed to assigned channel partners in the EMEA region.
- Lead training workshops for partners.
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how Okta can deliver value.
- Travel to partners/prospects site as needed.
- Tracking of activities via SFDC.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Italian is a must
- Experience in pre-sales consulting role.
- Experience in consulting or software development.
- Understands VARs, Sis, GSIs, VADs business models.
- Must be willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites.
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team.
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models and preferably has working experience on Saas platforms;
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- Experience with at least two modern standard federation protocol: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, WS-FED, OpenID Connect;
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- An elite communicator
- Evangelist at core: confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work