Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 6,500 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device.
Okta helps customers fulfil their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
At Okta we believe great Sales Engineers are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and partners’ technical enablement. They are experienced in leveraging presentations, demos, email, phone and social media to connect with customers and partners.
We are looking for great talents that have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight, that enjoy teamwork, but are not afraid of taking initiative, and can build compelling presentations, demos to educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) and partners on cloud and security technology best practices.
Okta’s Sales Engineers empathise with customers, quickly discern their business needs and translate them in technical value propositions. They understand Okta’s channel ecosystem and educate, support and leverage partners during the whole Sales Cycle advising them on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
This role can be based in Amsterdam, London, Munich or Paris or remote in any of those regions, but will focus on the UAE region.
Your duties and responsibilities will cover:
- Supporting the Field Alliance team in helping partners understand what they can achieve with Okta and how.
- Understanding customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology.
- Providing pre-sales technical expertise by assisting Account Executives and Partners in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing plans for the implementation of customer POCs.
- White Boarding Okta solutions.
- Delivering POCs in conjunction with partners for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed.
- Crafting technical content to show partners how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies.
- Preparing demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform.
- Distilling and communicating customer and partners needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Completing technical solution aspect of RFP/RFIs.
- Support marketing events and partner events.
- Providing training as needed to assigned channel partners in the assigned region/s.
- Lead training workshops for partners.
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how Okta can deliver value.
- Travel to partners/prospects site as needed.
- Tracking of activities via SFDC.
You will combine knowledge, skills and abilities including:
- Fluent in English and Arabic is preferred.
- Experience working in the UAE market.
- Experience in pre-sales / consulting or software development.
- Ideally understands VARs, Sis, GSIs, VADs business models.
- Willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites.
- Self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team.
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- Passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- Ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models and preferably has working experience on SaaS platforms;
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- Experience with at least two modern standard federation protocol: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, WS-FED, OpenID Connect;
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Elite communicator and Evangelist at core: confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically, 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Okta, visit www.okta.com
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work