We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Alliances Solutions Engineering team is growing!
Okta believes in Partners and together with our technology, will help take Identity mainstream and consolidate our position as a Leader in the market.
Alliance Solutions Engineers are Presales dedicated to growing Okta business through the Channel, working closely with Regional Alliance Managers, Sales Representatives, Product Marketing and Partner Enablement.
As an Alliance Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will build strong, long standing relationships with our Distributors across EMEA.
You will become their trusted advisor for anything Identity and Access Management related and will help them understand how Okta can best fit in their GTM Strategy, integrating with their current offerings and supporting their partners in selling Okta.
You will be enabling, evangelising, supporting Distributors on and off the Sales Lifecycle, leading our Distributors in building Okta practices that deliver exceptional customer outcomes.
As an Okta Alliances Solutions Engineer - Distribution Support you will:
- Build and manage technical relationships with assigned Distributors working closely with the assigned Okta Partner Account Managers
- Drive incremental revenue through increased Okta solution sales through the support of strategic distributors and go to market strategies.
- Work with the various teams within the Partner organization to understand the Distributors role within Okta
- Assist Distributors with prospects and customers interested in adopting Okta solutions
- Promote selling of Okta based on value propositions, competitive differentiators, and market advantages
- Plan and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with the assigned Distributors and their executive sponsors
- Gather, track, and translate Partner feedback and help steer the Okta product roadmap
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the Distributor’s current areas of focus as well as in new areas for expansion
- Deliver formal and informal technical training sessions for Distributors and their Partner resources
- Field technical questions, enquiries and Request for Information (RFI’s) from the Partner community.
- Establish and maintain technical expertise on current and developing Okta products and technology
- Maintain field level relationships with Distribution partners to assure effective positioning of Okta solutions
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the Distributors sales process to ensure mutual success
- Lead technical discussions with Distribution on the value Okta can provide to their clients
- Maintain field level relationships with Distribution to assure effective positioning of Okta solutions
- Create technical content to show Distribution how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Prepare partner demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
Key Performance Metrics:
- Direct and influenced revenue growth
- Distribution developed and driven Go to Market Solution Offering they drive into the market / their customer base
- Distribution enablement and resource certification growth
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A strong desire to develop skills in technical sales
- Understanding of IAM / IDaaS competitive landscape
- Strong presentation and communication skills at technical level
- A self-starter mentality and possess the ability to deliver on commitments and deliverables in a timely manner and work independently
- A passion to serve Distribution / Partners and grow their understanding of the Distribution / Partner ecosystem in Okta
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP, OIDC)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Confidence dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Fluency in English and either Dutch and/or German
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely in either Germany, Netherlands or the United Kingdom, with travel within EMEA on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.