We’re an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we’ve learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
At Okta our goal is simple - to be The Identity for the Internet and to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology.
And our opportunity is huge.
Whilst we continue to protect and enable our Customer’s partners, employees and contractors from a Workforce Identity perspective, we have a huge market opportunity in the field of Customer Identity Access Management (CIAM) and the leading technology to create frictionless registration and login for our customer’s most critical area of their business - their applications.
We allow customers to easily build authentication into any application, ensuring the security, scalability, reliability and flexibility of combining Okta’s leading Customer Identity products into our Customer’s applications, enabling Developers to focus on the things that are most important to them, without the worry and responsibility of Identity Management.
As an Okta Developer Solutions Engineer you will:
- Architect world class CIAM Solutions using Okta’s Identity Platform, stretching your knowledge and experience in application development, enterprise cloud based architecture/integrations and cutting edge software development frameworks leveraging the latest technology stacks
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of well defined and outcomes focussed Proof of Concepts - collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s architecture using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, from CxO to practitioner
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Okta’s Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales business units
You could be a great fit for this role if you have some of the following experience:
- A customer facing Developer/Developer advocate background and a desire to learn industry leading Identity products and solutions
- An ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions
- You enjoy staying curious about the industry you're a part of and improving the skills that make you successful
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical and non technical audience
- An ability to distil complex solutions to a diverse audience, primarily Developers and Architects but also up to VP’s and CXO’s
- Knowledge of Authentication and Authorisation protocols such as SAML, OIDC and OAuth
- Development experience on the server side (Java or .Net) as well as client side application design (Angular, Node, and other frameworks)
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus
- An understanding of various protocols HTTP, HTML apps, and REST services, have lived through XML as well as played with JSON
- Have learnt and have been part of enterprise application design stacks and understand nuances of security and cryptography
You might also have:
- An understanding of cloud deployments stacks such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Proficiency in various open source software and development tools and stacks.
- Comfort working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub and Bitbucket
- Industrial certifications such as TOGAF/Zachman/CISSP
- Experience speaking at technical conferences and events
- Okta certifications
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely, with travel across the APAC region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.