The AVP of Enterprise Sales is responsible for Okta’s activities in the Northeast and will be building the Okta Enterprise Sales team and oversee the ongoing development and business results of the team of quota-carrying Account Executives across the Northeast.
The AVP must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Okta’s overall strategy, act as the Okta spokesperson in the region and be the executive sponsor for key customer and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metric, and, leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven sales professional to spearhead the expansion of a global market leader leveraging the existing local customer references, partner base, and alliance relationships. The role reports to the SVP of Sales of North American Enterprise Sales.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully accountable for delivering on agreed targets for Enterprise
- Proposes drives, and executes the business plan according to Okta’s strategy to overachieve sales goals
- Analyze dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Define territories and align resources around key opportunities, be it named accounts/prospects, partners, or industry verticals
- Own the pipeline generation initiative and work with the internal stakeholders to deliver the pipeline needed to meet bookings targets
- Act as the senior level Okta contact for Public Relations and executives of key customers in the territory
- Be active in helping close large opportunities
- Ensure the best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the Sales management team (SEs, PS, Channel team, Legal, Desk Desk etc.)
- Develop and maintain relevant senior level contacts within the Okta partner eco-system (ISVs, resellers, and GSIs)
- Accountable for the French forecast; establish and manage supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP, etc.)
- Recruits hires, and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Develops, coaches trains, and manages sales staff
In short: Take a hands-on role with a wide range of operational duties ranging from people management to deal negotiation to speaking at events and everything in between!
(Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $295,000/year + equity + benefits)
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing sales team within a Software-as-a-Service or software sales environment
- A history of hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Experience in leading individual contributors to deliver on their targets
- Successful track record in an Enterprise sales environment; experience with higher transaction volume, mid-market sales would also be valuable
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Successful history of closing business and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Passionate about Customer Success – drive to turn new customers into long-time, vocal references
- Collaboration and good communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.