Okta’s Area VP Enterprise (SoCal/Mountain Regions) will be responsible for building and leading our Enterprise Business unit in their Region. This is a second line leadership position reporting into the RVP of Enterprise West. Our ideal candidate is an energetic, dynamic, and proactive team player who can simultaneously partner with executive leadership and work hands-on alongside our front line team.Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Lead a high-performance sales organization of Area Sales Directors, and Enterprise Account Executives
- Build a team of top talent and deliver productivity that consistently exceeds standards and objectives
- Execute value-based solution selling techniques and further develop a culture of consultative sales
- Drive Enterprise revenue growth through a combination of outbound prospecting and AE sourced pipeline, extreme focus on new logo acquisition, skilled at both velocity based and strategic sales cycles, strategic account planning, cross selling new products/use cases to existing customers
- Recruit, develop, and retain top talent providing career development and performance management so that at least 75% exceed quota and we experience no more than 10% regrettable attrition
- Build a strong cross-functional operating cadence with teams around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, execution, deployment and revenue realization
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Renewals, Customer Success, BD, and Marketing) on strategy and execution to drive adoption, increase productivity, and reduce/eliminate customer churn
- 10+ years of experience in B2B Enterprise Sales, with a track record of over attainment
- 5+ years of building and leading high-performance SaaS B2B sales teams
- 2nd line leadership experience
- Experience in the security/SaaS industries
- Solid technical and commercial skills with an ability to operate independently
- Superb communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the C-level
- Willing to travel ~25%
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $368,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.