Position Description: For the high-energy lead generation professional, the Business Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption and management solution.
You will be working strategically with both Marketing and Sales teams in a business development and lead generation capacity, which will allow you to thrive in our dynamic, high-activity environment. Working closely with the marketing, you will own contacting prospective customers and for qualifying opportunities for the Okta solution. Working with our seasoned account executives you will map out and build pipeline, and help resolve our most effective marketing channels.
At Okta we bolster promoting from within and with our current growth plans and the acceleration we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role can definitely lead to upward mobility within the sales organisation.
Our sales representatives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile and able to change hats on the fly. In this highly prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in our CRM system. We're looking for professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Help build and prioritise strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelize Okta and the On-Demand mode
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.