Okta is looking for Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to qualify inbound leads and set meetings that generate pipeline for our sales organization. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated, curious, and motivated. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills. A strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to begin a career in sales.
BDRs are responsible for connecting with prospects and customers who may have interest in Okta or have downloaded Okta related content or materials. potential customers who have shown interest in Okta content. The BDR will make calls and send emails to prospects to determine how Okta can help, then set up a meeting with an Account Executive.
- Follow up on a substantial volume of inbound leads via phone and email to progress prospects further into Okta’s sales process
- Generate qualified meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Research contacts and generate interest through discovery calls and email campaigns
- Utilize active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota by hitting call, email, and meeting targets
- Use and maintain Salesforce.com to keep data accurate
- Willingness to collaborate with other members of the sales organization to drive deals forward
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to navigate different systems and tools and follow process
- Highly motivated and driven individual who thrives working towards monthly and quarterly quotas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, please apply!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.