Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
This role requires the BDR to work out of the Washington DC office. The candidate would be required to relocate (if not already in that location) within a specific timeframe agreed upon with the manager & recruiting. Okta will not provide relocation assistance.
Okta is looking for Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to qualify inbound leads and set meetings that generate pipeline for our sales organization. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated, curious, and motivated. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills. A strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to begin a career in sales.
BDRs are responsible for connecting with prospects and customers who may have interest in Okta or have downloaded Okta related content or materials. potential customers who have shown interest in Okta content. The BDR will make calls and send emails to prospects to determine how Okta can help, then set up a meeting with an Account Executive.
- Follow up on a substantial volume of inbound leads via phone and email to progress prospects further into Okta’s sales process
- Generate qualified meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Research contacts and generate interest through discovery calls and email campaigns
- Utilize active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota by hitting call, email, and meeting targets
- Use and maintain Salesforce.com to keep data accurate
- Willingness to collaborate with other members of the sales organization to drive deals forward
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to navigate different systems and tools and follow process
- Highly motivated and driven individual who thrives working towards monthly and quarterly quotas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, please apply!
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.