Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 6,100 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The Business Development Team focuses on generating new customers for Okta. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) Intern, you’ll participate in a variety of meaningful projects that will allow you to experience each step in a high-performance sales environment. You will make a significant impact on our sales team by providing a fresh perspective. During your internship, you will learn how to use the Salesforce application and how to develop and qualify revenue opportunities strategically. You will be responsible for researching prospective clients, contacts, and using the provided resources and technology.
BDR Intern Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Use social/professional networks in addition to other tools for true sales prospecting
- Maintain accuracy in Salesforce
- Attend and document SDR enablement meetings and RVP forecast calls
- Support account operation and brainstorm account strategies
- Work at least 1 SDR attended event or tradeshow
- Monitor and report weekly marketing SLA’s
- Opportunity to develop sales phone skills by following up with and qualifying inbound leads
- Other projects as needed
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 or later
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to intern 12 weeks
- Ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously
- Analytically minded and detail oriented
- Ability to give presentation
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Passionate for a career in sales
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs. We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.