For the high-energy lead generation professional, the Business Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption and management solution.
You will be working strategically with both Marketing and Sales teams in a business development and lead generation capacity, which will allow you to thrive in our dynamic, high-activity environment. Working closely with the marketing, you will own contacting prospective customers and for qualifying opportunities for the Okta solution. Working with our seasoned account executives you will map out and build pipeline, and help resolve our most effective marketing channels.
At Okta we bolster promoting from within and with our current growth plans and the acceleration we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role can definitely lead to upward mobility within the sales organisation.
Our sales representatives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile and able to change hats on the fly. In this highly prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in our CRM system. We're looking for professionals with strong organisational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment.
As a Business development representative you will:
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Understand prospects pains and needs and build prospect relationships
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelize Okta and the On-Demand mode
- Exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
You would be an ideal candidate for this role:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.