Due to COVID19 Okta is currently working entirely remotely in accordance to the UK government guidelines, as a result it is likely that when you join Okta your first few months will be based from home until we receive further guidance that is safe to return to the office. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Position Description: Okta’s Business Development Representatives are high energy professionals that drive the demand, awareness, and interest for Okta’s market-leading cloud software. It’s common for the BDR to be the first person from Okta that a prospective buyer talks to. Significant time will be spent making phone calls, drafting emails, working within the CRM database and using technology to research sales leads. You will partner and collaborate closely with members of our Sales and Marketing teams to generate qualified sales leads, set meetings, and uncover new sales opportunities.
As a Business Development Representative you will be responsible for:
- Researching and contacting prospective buyers, primarily by phone, making 80+ dials per day
- Following-up, educating, developing and qualifying a substantial volume of inbound marketing generated leads to progress prospects further into the Okta buying process
- Utilizing active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives
- Leverage social networking tools in addition to other tools for sales prospecting and networking
- Using Salesforce and other tools to track all activities and engagements with prospects effectively
- Other projects as needed
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Strong interest in technology and sales
- Fluent in Spanish
- Willingness and ability to cold-call sales leads and contacts
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Some experience with database data entry is a plus (for example, Salesforce.com)
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and coachable
- Determined, team player with a can-do attitude and professional demeanor
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities. Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters!
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.