Due to COVID19 Okta is currently working entirely remotely in accordance with the UK government guidelines, as a result it is likely that when you join Okta your first few months will be based from home until we receive further guidance that it is safe to return to the office. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Okta’s EMEA Business Development Representative (BDR) team is growing and we are looking for a Team Lead that will help empower the team and drive development of our BDRs. As a BDR Team Lead you will be reporting into the EMEA BDR Manager. You will also partner and collaborate closely with members of our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure monthly and quarterly pipeline goals are achieved.
We are looking for an exceptional sales individual who is passionate about getting results and someone who wants to share their expertise and empower the team. The ideal candidate will thrive on sharing their knowledge and lifting the team up to win together. Success for this role will be measured both on individual performance and overall team success.
Okta’s BDRs are high energy professionals that drive the demand, awareness, and interest for Okta’s market-leading Identity Solutions . The candidate for this role will need to have experience working in an inbound and/or outbound sales development role and have a proven track record of creating repeatable pipeline. You should also have an interest in gaining skills in people management. The Team Lead role requires you to provide ongoing sales coaching, monitor key performance indicators and motivate the BDR team.
As an Okta Team Lead you will be responsible for:
Individual Contributor Responsibilities
- Generate sales-ready opportunities for Account Executives using Okta’s qualification criteria
- Utilising active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives
- Leverage social networking tools in addition to other tools for sales prospecting and networking
- Using Salesforce and other tools to track all activities and engagements with prospects effectively
Team Lead Contributor Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily activities of BDR team in your territory to ensure key performance indicators are met
- Ensure the team are using tools effectively
- Think of new, creative and repeatable ways to drive performance
- Proactively report on metrics and work with BDR Manager to find ways to optimise the inputs, improve conversation rates, and drive efficiency
- Ensure you deliver the monthly quota in a predictable and repeatable way
You would be a great fit for the role if you have:
- Experience coaching team members
- Passionate about converting cold calls into meetings
- Proven track record meeting and exceeding quota
- Experience in an inbound and/or outbound sales role
- Experience navigating sales tools such as Salesforce, Tableau, Excel, LeadIQ
- Individual with a growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve
- Strong communication with different stakeholders, both senior and junior
- A second European Language is required
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities. Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.