Title of Job: Chief Revenue Officer
Role Located: Anywhere
Reports to: President, Worldwide Field Operations
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 6,650 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the President, Worldwide Field Operations; the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is a seasoned executive responsible for all revenue generating processes within the Company. The CRO is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue operations and accountable for the performance of all revenue functions within the organization. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have real impact across the organization. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in the market.
- Drive scale and profitability within the Company’s revenue generating functions.
- Lead the team towards improved performance, shortening deal cycles and improving forecasting accuracy. Serve as executive sponsor to drive higher close rates, increased average deal value, and account growth.
- Develop and lead the execution of growth strategies with the executive team and board of directors.
- Prospect and close relationships with key target clients.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting.
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success.
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals.
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development -- adding new sales channels and 3rd party resellers and partners.
- Propel sales leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value.
- The ideal candidate will have credibility with Okta’s customers. They will have a history of enhancing existing relationships with mainstream/pure players through a novel approach to solving customer problems, in ways customers have not traditionally considered.
- This sales professional will be a charismatic leader, a polished, effective communicator who can build a leadership team; run Okta's sales organization throughout the globe (which is job number one); understand nuances of different markets around the world; understand the trends; and understand the customers.
- The successful candidate should be accountable, and resourceful with positive disruption, driven through influence. They need to have a balance of vision, strategy, and execution.
- In order to secure credibility from the field, this leader should come to the role with a track record of success.
- Develop global and regional go to market strategies for both mature and emerging customer targets.
- Provide leadership to corporate, business and/or regional management regarding the execution of business strategies.
- Gather market requirements through direct customer input and provide input for future product offerings.
- Develop and execute the strategy selling across various business solutions throughout Okta.
- Provide competitive intelligence for use in strategic analysis and positioning of company product offerings.
- Work to maintain on-going communication and provide excellent customer relationships.
- Attend tradeshow and events to present company vision, mission and strategy.
- Build a metrics driven organization through evolved reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight on service delivery.
LEADERS AT OKTA HAVE THE FOLLOWING CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Effective Teams; building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Develops Talent; developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Demonstrates self-awareness; using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Drives Results; consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset; seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Proven results as a Chief Revenue Officer or a similarly relevant role within the tech space, minimum 15 years’ experience.
- Track record of leading and scaling GTM organizations with scale north of $1B and growing sales teams to 1k + people.
- Experience implementing RevOps strategies in a tech environment.
- SaaS background with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Must have sold complex, technical products, ideally infrastructure related. Security and/or identity experience valued but not required.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will know how to sell to IT, CXO, and Line of Business and will excel at coaching and training others how to do so.
- Proven success leveraging the channel to maximize revenue.
- Executive level strategy, communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, patient, customer oriented, analytical, strategic, mature, have a global mind-set, and knowledge of foreign protocol and industry.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for Okta’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree, MBA or similar preferred.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.