We’re an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we’ve learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The APAC Solutions Engineering team is growing!
The APAC Solutions Engineering team are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both.
As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
As an Okta CIAM Specialist you will:
- Help architect world class identity solutions using Okta’s Identity Platform
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams.
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, from CxO to practitioner
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- The ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity and Access Management based solutions.
- Demonstrated the ability to position solutions to the Developers, Technical Architects, Enterprise Architects, Cloud Architects, Product Managers, Directors, VP’s and CXOs.
- Experience in conducting discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications, and business processes.
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (e.g. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- Proficiency in various open source software and development tools and stacks. Comfortable working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub, bitbucket etc.
- Are experienced in working with various groups internally – sales engineering, professional services, technical marketing, product management, and product marketing.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft stack such as .net, .netcore, WebAPI framework, OWIN libraries etc. is a plus.
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin) and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus.
You might also have:
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical and non technical audience.
- An ability to drive and facilitate the technical engagements with sales engineering and sales teams.
- An ability to collaborate effectively and encourage learning from each other.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialisation.
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely, with travel across the APAC region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.