We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform. As an Okta CIAM Specialist you will: Help architect world class identity solutions using the Okta API Suite of products, but you will also stretch your knowledge and experience in application development, enterprise cloud based architecture, and integrations, and cutting edge software development frameworks leveraging the latest technology stacks.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- The ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity and Access Management based solutions.
- Demonstrated the ability to position solutions to the developers, Technical Architects, Enterprise Architects, Cloud Architects, Product Managers, Directors, VP’s and CXOs.
- Experience in conducting discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications, and business processes.
- Development experience on the server side (Java/.Net) as well as client side application design (Angular, Node, and other frameworks).
- Knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SPML, SSO, RBAC, OIDC, OAuth.
- An understanding various protocols REST/SOAP and have lived through XML as well as played with JSON.
- Have learnt and have been part of enterprise application design stacks and understand nuances of security and cryptography.
- An understanding of cloud deployment stacks such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack and how identity is becoming the centre of deploying the apps on all the cloud deployment stacks.
- Proficiency in various open source software and development tools and stacks. Comfortable working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub, bitbucket etc.
- An ability to pick up new development stack while working with the prospects in pre-sales cycle.
- Are experienced in working with various groups internally – sales engineering, professional services, technical marketing, product management, and product marketing.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft stack such as .net, .netcore, WebAPI framework, OWIN libraries etc. is a plus.
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin) and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus.
- Fluency in German and English language
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical and non technical audience.
- An ability to drive and facilitate the technical engagements with sales engineering and sales teams.
- An ability to collaborate effectively and encourage learning from each other.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialisation.
- An industrial certification such as TOGAF/Zachman/CISSP is a plus.
Why us? This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely, with travel across the DACH region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities. Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.