Position Description: We are delighted to be hiring for EMEA’s first Cloud Enterprise Architect to sit alongside a strong team of Sales Engineers in London.
The Cloud Enterprise Architect is the technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premise based IT systems and responsible for ensuring the Okta cloud offerings are efficient and complimentary
This integral role provides enterprise architecture support for cloud computing services design and implementation to Okta customers. The key focus is to: develop relationships with key stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals while promoting innovative solutions, translate early business needs and insights into actionable Cloud/IT strategy, assist customers in driving these initiatives to early results and business value. This is a key member of the pre- and post-sales teams, working closely with sales engineering to design and scope functional and technical deployments of our platform, as well with an integral partner to our product development efforts by providing customer feedback and requests to product management and engineering for new feature and system development.
Additionally, the candidate will apply his or her experience in managing enterprise implementation and providing technical leadership to maximize the value realization of the Okta platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and manage the technical requirements, business functional requirements for establishing new cloud computing platform powered by the Okta platform for use by customers. Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific cloud-based solutions.
- Support Sales and Solution Engineering for cloud-based solutions by providing technical guidance, develop the technical requirements within the Statement of Work (SOW), and assist in defining the evaluation criteria for these services.
- Support creation of project plans to develop and implement the Okta platform and related cloud services.
- Develop strategic plans for cloud services, including, but not limited to, transition strategies, bundling (multiple cloud offerings) strategies, mission/vision descriptions, and positioning strategies.
- Develop technical requirements for the Okta platform and related cloud-computing service area.
- Develop other documents and provide support for other related cloud service areas as required.
- Develop Cloud Computing including Identity and Access Management (IAM) technical standards for interoperability and portability across multiple cloud vendor solutions.
- Work closely with the sales and professional services teams to properly package, market and sell Okta solutions.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive overall IT / software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience
- Significant experience of driving application architecture design
- Experience in a technical advisor role to Web 2.0 and Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience with cloud computing solutions implementations including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Experience in cloud based and on-premise Identity and Access Management (IAM), and Security architectures
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Experience in IT Service Management and ITIL framework including Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning
- Experience in Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Experience in how legacy and web-based systems interfaces, Application Programmable Interfaces (APIs).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and coding methods/best practices.
- Ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity and Access Management based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in conducting discovery workshop to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations
- Strong knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SPML, SSO, RBAC
- Strong knowledge of web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Knowledge of Java EE and other development frameworks.
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Proficiency with various open source software and development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of Ruby, Java, C, ksh/bash shell scripts, Python or Perl
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
- Familiarity with IAM cloud and on-premise solution providers is strongly desired.
- Experience of SaaS implementation experience is strongly preferred
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from management and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our customers.
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and customer meetings, providing well defined agendas, tracking /managing action items and taking meeting notes.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
Education, Training and Certification
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialization
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work