Title of Job: Cloud Enterprise Architect
Role Location: Remote
Reports to: Director - Presales
The Cloud Enterprise Architect at Okta is involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for team players that can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. Okta’s Cloud Enterprise Architects empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Cloud Enterprise Architect at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Cloud Enterprise Architects work with Sales Engineers on the most complex customer environments. In this role, you will be challenged daily to show customers how Okta can work in their environment. Our team of architects is made up of some of the most experienced and skilled identity and access management experts in the industry. We are looking for people that have had experience deploying identity and access management in large customer environments. This hands-on experience and exposure to the operational aspect of real customer deployments is what sets you apart and provides credibility to the architectures proposed by the sales team. Your storied experience with other products and legacy solutions will prove valuable when assessing a customer’s existing challenges and planning the roadmap for them to modernize and transition to the Okta platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of PoCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams.
- Utilize your understanding of a customer’s holistic environment including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, and applications to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable and can be implemented by the customer or professional services.
- Use a variety of tools to help depict complex architecture diagrams and sequence diagrams that include single sign-on, provisioning, MFA, and delegated authentication.
- Assist engagement managers in building statements of work (SOWs) with proper phasing and order of execution that will help ensure customer success during delivery.
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
- Use your understanding of various SSO protocols (SAML, OIDC, SWA, KERBEROS) to plan multi-protocol integration architectures that incorporate Okta with various technologies.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work