We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Okta Japan Sales team is growing!
The Corporate Account Executive (AE) at Okta is responsible for driving new customer acquisition and growing revenues within our install base of medium sized businesses. In order to hit revenue targets, the AE will develop and execute strategies and activities in the following key areas: territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing.
AE’s at Okta strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are facing and map Okta’s solutions to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. Okta AE’s cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining credible knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. In this high-velocity role, you’ll get to present to customers/prospects both on-site and remotely. Expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with sales development reps, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Okta is a company that promotes strong performers from within, this is an incredible opportunity to kickstart your career in sales at a fun and rapidly growing tech company in Tokyo, Japan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close new logos and up-sell opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Manage Okta’s sales cycle from lead generation to negotiations and close
- Prospect, build and maintain a sales pipeline that accurately forecasts attainment and goals
- Hit or exceed a quarterly quota
- Work with channel partners to extend Okta’s footprint within existing customers
- Develop strategic and professional presentation decks for prospects
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- Ability to travel 10%-15%
- 3-5 years of experience closing new logo sales in a b2b technology environment
- SaaS/Cloud/IT experience strongly preferred
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills both English and Japanese
- BS/BA degree required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.