Country Manager, Benelux
The Country Manager is responsible for Okta’s activities in Benelux, oversee the ongoing development and business results of the team of quota-carrying Account Executives in initially based in the Netherlands covering Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Country Manager for Okta must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Okta's overall strategy, act as the Okta spokesperson in the region and be the executive sponsor for key customer and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metric and, leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven sales professional to spearhead the expansion of a global market leader in the Benelux territory leveraging the existing local customer references, partner base and alliance relationships. The role reports to the General Manager for Okta EMEA and will be part the Okta EMEA leadership team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully accountable for delivering on agreed targets for the Benelux territory
- Proposes, drives and executes the Benelux business plan according to Okta’s strategy to overachieve sales goals
- Analyse country market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Define territories and align resources around key opportunities, be it named accounts/prospects, partners or industry verticals
- Own the pipeline generation initiative for Benelux and work with the internal stakeholders to deliver the pipeline needed to meet bookings targets
- Act as the senior level Okta contact for Public Relations and executives of key customers in the territory
- Be active in helping close large opportunities
- Ensure best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the EMEA management team (SEs, PS, Channel team, Legal, Desk Desk etc.)
- Develop and maintain relevant senior level contacts within the Okta partner eco-system (ISVs, resellers and GSIs)
- Accountable for the Benelux forecast; establish and manage supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP etc.)
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Develops, coaches, trains and manages sales staff
- In short: Take a hands-on role with a wide range of operational duties ranging from people management to deal negotiation to speaking at events and everything in between!
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing sales team within a Software-as-a-Service or software sales environment
- A history of hiring, developing and retaining exceptional talent
- Experience in leading individual contributors to deliver on their targets
- Successful track record in an Enterprise sales environment; experience with higher transaction volume, mid-market sales would also be valuable
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Successful history of closing business and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Passionate about Customer Success – drives to turn new customers into long-time, vocal references
- Collaboration and good communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Fluent in Dutch & English
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work