Okta’s Deal Desk is responsible for driving complex commercial contracts to closure by providing Sales teams with business process & policy insights as well as strategic and operational support. The team sits within the larger Business Operations organization, which supports strategic initiatives across Okta and is comprised of various functions from Sales & Marketing Operations to Customer Success. As a member of the broader Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Okta's business from all angles, from our go-to-market strategy and roll-out of new products to the standardization of policies and systems to scale operations. As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will be well-positioned as the “pulse” on the business and strategic adviser to the Sales organization.
In this role, your primary function will be to strategically and effectively model and structure non-standard proposals and contracts that mutually benefit Okta and its Customers. This responsibility entails:
- Working across multiple business groups including Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to drive an optimal deal structure
- Deeply understanding and enhancing Okta’s mechanisms and levers for discounting
- Building, owning and enhancing deal modeling and pricing tools in partnership with business groups including the general Deal Desk team, Sales, Product Marketing, FP&A, and Business Systems
- Demonstrating (in the form of a formal Sales proposal) the costs and benefits of different deal options to align with Customers’ growth and usage plans
- Optimizing the deal structuring and proposal building process for Deal Desk and Sales
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Sales-facing subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented in Salesforce in accordance with Revenue Operations requirements
- Strategize with Sales Executives and Sales Managers to structure and position complex orders, which involves acting as the liaison between Sales and internal stakeholders including Accounting, Order Management, Legal, Product Marketing, etc.
- Provide Order Management and Accounting teams with context and clarification on complex deal structures and how they are to be treated as it relates to booking credits, invoicing, internal reporting, etc.
- Build tools and resources to improve Sales efficiency in the deal-making and proposal building process
- Identify deal trends and drive efforts to categorize historical contracting and deal structuring trends based on sales segment or industry vertical
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-4 years of Sales support experience in the technology industry
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, and/or Legal in executing contracts
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (ability to create ad-hoc models and analysis)
- Demonstrated project management experience or participation in process improvement efforts
- Clear and thorough communicator
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Salesforce required; additional sales productivity tools preferred
- Bachelors degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.