Deal Strategy Manager, EMEA
Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The EMEA Deal Strategy team is growing!
Okta’s Deal Strategy Team is responsible for driving complex and non-standard commercial contracts to closure by providing Sales teams with business process & policy insights as well as strategic and operational support. The team sits within the GTM Strategy & Operations organisation, which supports strategic initiatives across Okta. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Okta's business from many angles, from our go-to-market strategy and launch of new products to the standardisation of policies and systems to scale operations. As a Deal Strategy Manager, you will be well-positioned as the “pulse” on the business and a strategic advisor to the Sales organisation. You will play a central role in the structuring deals, driving decisions and approvals, and executing contracts with a focus on managing escalations, minimising cycles, and optimising annual recurring revenue.
This role is best suited for an experienced Deal Desk or Sales Operations professional who is knowledgeable about SaaS subscription models and is interested in deeply understanding business problems and collaborating with others to make doing business with and within Okta as seamless as possible. This would be the first dedicated Deal Strategy hire for the EMEA region and present a unique opportunity for a self-starter to build out deal operations to support continuing regional growth.
As a Deal Strategy Manager at Okta you will:
- Align with and informing corporate-level deal policies and processes
- Understand EMEA’s regional needs, relaying such needs to HQ, and proposing potential solutions
- Collaborate with the EMEA Sales leadership and Account Executives early on in the sales cycle to develop pricing strategies, deal models, and contract terms sheets as part of the proposal building process
- Advise and support AEs in complex quote creation processes via Salesforce CPQ; being an on-the-ground CPQ expert as needed
- Own and manage commercial contract negotiations in partnership with Sales and Legal; communicating directly with customers as needed to position Okta’s terms and conditions
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and resolution on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiation
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to review and address revenue recognition and margin concerns for non-standard deal structures
- Advise Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals
- Build reports and dashboards as needed to give HQ and regional leadership visibility into EMEA deal performance and trends, while ensuring global reporting and analytics integrity; sharing deal intelligence to enable effective deal-level decision making
- Partner with the Sales Enablement team to create training content for EMEA to ensure the field is informed on new products, best practices, quarterly updates on policy, and engagement models, etc.
- Develop tools that help the Sales team effectively price, structure, and quote deals while managing to certain business metrics and requirements
- Take the lead and initiative to drive operational procedures and processes in EMEA while maintaining global integrity and consistency to support Okta’s field team at scale
You would be Ideal for this role if you have:
- Act as a Sales-facing subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented in Salesforce
- Partner with regional leadership to prioritise and organise projects and deals for month-, quarter-, and year-end
- Communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from Customers to Account Executives to C-level leadership
- Manage ad hoc operations and systems focused projects
- Proactively share regional data, patterns, or learnings with internal team and leadership
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Direct experience in structuring deals for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts
- Worked with an international team with HQ based in US
- Experience working with Enterprise customers and contracts
- Operations-driven background; able to wear many hats by driving deals and recommending system improvements
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS subscription models, pricing, and revenue recognition
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, vlookups, ability to create ad-hoc models and analysis, etc.)
- Exceptional Data-driven and numerical skills; great research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities; able to get creative and figure things out
- Experience in Salesforce and quoting applications is required; additional sales productivity tools preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools
You might also have:
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude to affect change within the organisation; eager to share new ideas, building new things, and challenging the status quo
- Ability to balance being detail-oriented with seeing the big picture
- Ability to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles
- Experience thriving in a fast-pace environment
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.