We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
Okta’s Deal Strategy Team is responsible for driving complex and non-standard commercial contracts to closure by providing Sales teams with business process & policy insights as well as strategic and operational support. The team sits within the GTM Strategy & Operations organisation, which supports strategic initiatives across Okta. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Okta's business from many angles, from our go-to-market strategy and launch of new products to the standardisation of policies and systems to scale operations. As a Deal Strategy Manager, you will be well-positioned as the “pulse” on the business and a strategic adviser to the Sales organisation. You will play a central role in the structuring deals, driving decisions and approvals, and executing contracts with a focus on managing escalations, minimising cycles, and optimising annual recurring revenue.
This role is best suited for an experienced Deal Desk, Sales Operations or Finance professional who is knowledgeable about SaaS subscription models and is interested in deeply understanding business problems and collaborating with others to make doing business with and within Okta as seamless as possible.
As an Okta Deal Strategy Manager - EMEA you will:
- Align with and inform corporate-level deal policies and processes
- Understand EMEA’s regional needs, relaying such needs to HQ, and proposing potential solutions
- Collaborate with the EMEA Sales leadership and Account Executives early on in the sales cycle to develop pricing strategies, deal models, and contract terms sheets as part of the proposal building process
- Advise and support Account Executives in complex quote creation processes via Salesforce CPQ, being an on-the-ground CPQ expert as needed
- Own and manage commercial contract negotiations in partnership with Sales and Legal, communicating directly with customers as needed to position Okta’s terms and conditions
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and resolution on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiation
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to review and address revenue recognition and margin concerns for non-standard deal structures
- Advise Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals
- Build reports and dashboards as needed to give HQ and regional leadership visibility into EMEA deal performance and trends, while ensuring global reporting and analytics integrity; sharing deal intelligence to enable effective deal-level decision making
- Partner with the Sales Enablement team to create training content for EMEA to ensure the field is informed on new products, best practices, quarterly updates on policy, and engagement models, etc.
- Develop tools that help the Sales team effectively price, structure, and quote deals while managing to certain business metrics and requirements
- Take the lead and initiative to drive operational procedures and processes in EMEA while maintaining global integrity and consistency to support Okta’s field team at scale
- Act as a Sales-facing subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented in Salesforce
- Partner with regional leadership to prioritise and organise projects and deals for month, quarter, and year-end
- Communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from Customers to Account Executives to C-level leadership
- Manage ad hoc operations and systems focused projects
- Proactively share regional data, patterns, or learnings with internal team and leadership
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business preferred
- Direct experience in structuring deals for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts
- Accustomed to working with an international team with HQ based in US
- Operations-driven; able to wear many hats by driving deals and recommending system improvements
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS subscription models, pricing, and revenue recognition
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, vlookups, ability to create ad-hoc models and analysis, etc.)
- Data-driven and numerically strong; strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities; able to get creative and figure things out
- Experience in Salesforce and quoting applications is required; additional sales productivity tools preferred
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools
- Possess a “do whatever it takes” attitude to affect change within the organization; eager to share new ideas, building new things, and challenging the status quo
- Able to balance being detail-oriented with seeing the big picture
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles
- Highly responsive, thrive in a fast-pace environment
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely in either United Kingdom, Germany, France or Netherlands, with travel across the EMEA region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.