The Director, Commercial Sales position is responsible for hiring, managing and mentoring a team of emerging and corporate level talent to meet and exceed their sales revenue goals. The position is located in our Paris office.
The Emerging and Corporate Account Executives in the team focus on sub 5.000 employee user base accounts. Our Account Executives are responsible for maintaining high activity standards; daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, and delivering assigned monthly and quarterly sales revenue targets.
We are looking for a strong sales leader to focus on building a high performing team and developing early career talent. This leader will focus on coaching and developing the team to continue to develop their success through skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, and building a highly empowered, diverse, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team of Account Executives in achieving individual and team quota
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- You will be reporting on sales activity and forecast to the regional VP of Sales
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners
- Demonstrated success in directly leading a high-performing sales team within a software sales environment
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with colleagues and customers
- Proven experience in working in an indirect sales model is mandatory
- Experience of leading, coaching, and developing account executives
- Previous experience of setting KPI’s, performance reviews and individual development plans
- Successful track record in a high-volume transaction sales environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives and coach lower performers through to success
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment
- You must demonstrate the ability to expresses ideas using strong listening and communication skills to influence and gain buy in from your team, leadership, customers, and all your stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.