Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a Corporate team in the East, ~8 AEs that are either based in our DC office or work remotely in territory
- Hire, motivate, mentor and provide training to increase efficiency, productivity and skillsets of employees
- Ensure quarterly revenue targets and monthly goals are achieved
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Salesforce data for your team and provide reliable forecast information to upper management
- Actively engage in territory planning and opportunity development
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners
- 5+ years of experience in selling within the SaaS b2b space
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of quota-carrying SaaS sales professionals
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships with internal partners
- Strong customer-facing and presentation skills; and executive-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25% with reps
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.