The Director of Sales Enablement - Sales Development is the primary enablement partner for Okta’s rapidly expanding Sales Development (SDR/BDR) organization. We are looking for a high energy individual with a passion for developing sales teams and experience in cloud computing solution sales.
This highly visible position will lead the Sales Development Enablement team within the Americas, with multiple direct reports who are focused on Sales Development effectiveness. This person will work closely with the Americas Sales Development Leadership team and their sales development enablement team to optimize key programs such as onboarding, continuous learning and reinforcement, promotion path, annual sales kickoffs and other key events.
This critical role will report directly to the Sr. Director of Global Sales Enablement, and will also team closely with the Americas Sales Enablement team, Sales Leadership and Marketing. These key collaborations are focused on ensuring optimal results of our Sales Development, Marketing and Sales teams working together to maximize pipeline creation.
- Leading the enablement organization for Americas Sales Development
- Coaching Sales Enablement professionals, with a focus on optimizing their enablement skills, in order to drive sales results within the Sales Development space
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to deciding on future initiatives, as well as performance management to quantify the impact of existing programs
- Partner with and support Sales Development Leadership in driving measurable, improved performance within their teams by determining training needs and executing on them
- Partner with Sales Leadership and Marketing to deliver programs to BDRs/SDRs to drive optimal pipeline creation
- Work cross-functionally to optimize training curriculums for BDRs/SDRs across different market segments and levels of seniority, to drive both performance and provide needed enablement for promotions
- Partner with Sales Development Leadership and Sales Development Enablement to identify and address additional enablement programs needed to improve BDR/SDR performance
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure alignment, understanding of our approach and expected outcomes
- 5+ years of Senior level Sales Development Enablement management (managing enablement managers) experience required
- Global responsibility and software/technology preferred
- 3+ years of direct Sales Development Enablement experience required (directly enabling Sales Development reps)
- Software/technology preferred
- 1+ years of experience as a Sales Development Representative required
- Software/technology preferred
- Excellence in coaching
- Efficient and effective enablement program planning, building and execution
- Ability to quickly build cross-functional relationships
- Strong organization and excellent communication skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Travel up to 20%
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $111,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.