Distribution Account Manager - Partners & Alliances-Remote Eligible
Okta is seeking a results-oriented Distribution Account Manager to support our rapid growth and help scale our unmanaged reseller business through our distribution partners in EMEA. Distology, Exclusive Networks, Ignition, Infinigate Ingram Micro.
As the Distribution Account Manager you will:
- Act as the primary point of contact at all levels of the distributor’s organization
- Must have proven ability to Influence and negotiate at all levels of the distributor organization
- Be responsible for driving the strategic positioning of the Okta Brand throughout the organization
- Be responsible to build, maintain and execute business and marketing plans incorporating goal setting, initiatives, and activities to meet / exceed company objectives
- Drive Okta’s Program Compliance efforts with Distributor(s) meeting / exceeding revenue goals and accreditation requirements
- Engage Okta Distributors to support complete lifecycle of Okta’s Unmanaged/Distributor Managed Partner Ecosystem: identify, recruit, onboard, enable to becoming revenue producing
- Leverage Distributors to support Alliance Partnerships to drive co-branded initiatives
- F2F presentation / training to Distributor staff as required to ensure fluency and ability to articulate Okta’s product and programs, business opportunities, best practices
- Forward pertinent company and industry communication to Distributor teams
- Build and execute annual / quarterly marketing plans with distributors to drive Okta’s strategic G-T-M.
- Manage and support processes and documentation related to Marketing Development Funds (MDF) submission and POP claiming with Okta channel marketing team
- Manage Distributor’s Okta focused resources to alignment with overall business objectives. Responsible to assess achievement to goal quarterly.
- Facilitate cadence between local Okta team(s) and Distributor to support partner engagement and full life cycle of partner development where needed
- Schedule, prepare and lead Business Review cadence
Distribution Pipeline / Operations Management
- Responsible to support distribution managed Partner pipeline reporting, and forecasting accuracy throughout each quarter and make available to Okta sales teams
- Point of contact for order process issues for the Distributor
- Responsible to support Okta finance teams with credit health of the distributor
- Manage EOQ/EOY order processing
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5 – 7 years of distribution or channel management experience in an IT vendor environment
- Working knowledge and/or experience selling Saas technology solutions
- Confirmed relationships with C level partner executives
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong business acumen, time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop and lead/influence Distributor teams
- Skilled in developing Distribution business plans to drive strategic initiatives, and to track business metrics with return on investments (ROI)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional matrixed environment
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Ability to travel
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.