Position Description: The Emerging Account Executive at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new customer acquisition and growth including management of the sales process for medium and large prospective customers as well as expansion within existing accounts. The Account Executive will build strategies and tactics in the following key areas: territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing.
Account Executives at Okta strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with and map Okta’s solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They will need to develop strong bonds with customers and key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. In this high-velocity role, you’ll focus on mid-sized businesses, presenting both on-site and remotely.
Expect to own deals in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners. It is imperative that you demonstrates leadership qualities, ethical behavior, excellent work ethic and a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive territory plan
- Prospect, build and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & new opportunities
- Significant experience presenting to C-level executives, in-person
- Manage sales cycle as well as key internal/external partners
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- Ability to travel 25%-30%
- Demonstrated success, with sales account management experience working for a technology vendor
- SaaS/Cloud experience strongly preferred
- A track record of success selling to mid-sized Enterprises
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Works well in teams and synergetic environments
- Extensive network of relationships with customers, executives and peers
- Strong leadership skills
- BS/BA degree required
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work