The Emerging Account Executive at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new customer acquisition and growth including management of the sales process for customers below 1,000 employees in Germany. This is a unique opportunity to be based in Berlin (or Munich) and develop client relationships within Berlin's thriving start up market!
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven sales professional to play a key role in the launch and expansion of Okta (a global market leader!) in the DACH territory, leveraging our existing German customer references, marketing programs, partner base and ISV & alliance relationships.
The Emerging Account Executive will develop strategies and sales tactics to generate pipeline and drive sales opportunities to produce repeatable and predictable bookings whilst adhering to Okta’s core value of always focusing on the success of our customers. You will achieve this by leading sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations for prospective clients.
We have an enthusiastic and hugely collaborative team in Germany and we'd love for you to be apart to be a part of it. You can hear more about our expansion from our General Manager here: https://bit.ly/2GZwJDo
If you are a strong team-player who is passionate about building effective working partnerships with your Okta colleagues (SEs, implementation consultants etc.), external business partners and customer contacts by exercising leadership, demonstrate results-oriented sales planning then this could be a great fit.
What we need you to do:
- Develop and execute an actionable plan for emerging accounts in northern Germany;
- Manage the whole sales process from lead generation to negotiations and deal closing with our Partners collaborating with Okta’s legal team, Master Service Agreement & Data Privacy Agreements along the way;
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets;
- Maintain client relationships beyond the initial sale to accelerate customer adoption and create future up-sell opportunities;
- Form long-term relationships with resellers and system integrators partners to extend Okta’s market reach & drive adoption;
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts to drive customer happiness;
- Travel as necessary, typically about 25%.
What we're looking for:
- Passion for technology and how it can help organisations compete and thrive in the Digital Age;
- Excitement about opportunity to be a founding member of the DACH arm of an exciting and fast-growing SaaS provider;
- Demonstrated sales experience working for technology vendors selling Enterprise solutions;
- Experience in value-based selling at senior/C-Level in sub 1000 employee base accounts;
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent;
- Previous experience selling to clients in Berlin;
- Fluent in German & English.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work