Come and join the Okta success story in Japan!! The Emerging Markets Account Executive at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new customer acquisition and growth including management of the sales process for small to medium prospective customers as well as expansion within existing accounts.
The Account Executive will focus on the Japan market, to develop and execute strategies and tactics in the following key areas: territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing.
Account Executives at Okta strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with and map Okta’s solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They will need to cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. In this high-velocity role, you’ll focus on small to mid-sized businesses, presenting both on-site and remotely. Expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
We provide our Account Executives with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for learning and growth. The work you will do will directly impact the experience of our customers. As an Okta AE you will:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and execute against a comprehensive territory plan
- Prospect, build and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & new opportunities
- Significant experience presenting to C-level executives, in-person
- Manage sales cycle as well as key internal/external partners
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- Minimum 2 years of sales account management experience working for a technology vendor
- Previous sales experience across the Japan market
- A track record of success selling to small to medium sized businesses
- SaaS experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Works well in teams and synergetic environment
- Extensive network of partnerships with customers, executives and peers
- Experience working with channel partners is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- BS/BA degree required
- Native level of Japanese and business level of English
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.