Position Description: The Emerging Markets Account Executive (AE) at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new-logo acquisition and install base expansion for our small to medium prospective and current customers. Core responsibilities include territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing, presentation delivery, negotiations, and closing. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Our AE’S strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with and map Okta’s solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. It is imperative that you demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behavior, excellent work ethic and a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast opportunities to hit or exceed a quarterly quota in a defined territory
- Cultivate relationships with supporting members of the Sales Development Team
- Build sales decks that wow your prospects during your product demonstrations
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline within our small to medium-sized segment
- Work with partners and strategic alliances to extend reach & new opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption by expanding Okta’s product use within your customer base
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- 1-3 years of B2B closing sales experience, SaaS/Cloud strongly preferred
- A track record of success selling to small to medium-sized businesses
- Prior experience managing a territory based quota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Works well in teams and synergetic environments
- ISV/Partnership experience preferred
- Significant experience presenting/running demos to C-level executives
- BS/BA degree required
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.