Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The UK Enterprise Sales team is growing!
Reporting to the RVP of UKI, the Director of Enterprise Sales UKI will lead a team of quota-carrying Account Executives that cover large size businesses in the UK with 1,250 - 4,999 employees. Our AE’s focus on closing new logo opportunities and cultivate relationships and drive growth within our existing customer base. You will join a team of highly motivated, professional, and energetic sales reps that take pride in running consultative sales processes and delivering our vision to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
As the Enterprise Sales Director at Okta you will:
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team to consistently achieve individual and team quarterly and annual targets.
- Recruit top talent and onboard new reps ensuring an accelerated ramping timeline.
- Support direct reports on individual deals where necessary, including but not limited to the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects, liaising with internal teams to ensure a smooth sales process, and helping with negotiations.
Performance Tracking and Forecasting:
- Conduct forecast and pipeline review meetings with your team and separately with senior management on a weekly basis.
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with your team, coaching them where necessary to reach their targets by reviewing and providing guidance on prospecting activities, territory plans, account plans and/or opportunity plans.
- Lead internal QBRs for your territory, sharing in historical performance and successes and laying out the path for future success as a team.
- Regularly track and report on your forecast and pipeline coverage for current and out quarters, working with our internal demand generation teams to identify gaps and brainstorm solutions for areas where gaps are identified.
- Ensure that each of your reps has an equal territory for the start of each fiscal year, and each rep has a path-to-plan within their territory.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Demonstrated success in directly leading, coaching, and developing a high-performing sales team within the SaaS B2B space
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results, close business, and over-achieve quota
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, with a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with colleagues and customers
- Previous experience of setting KPI’s, performance reviews and individual development plans
- Proven ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives and coach lower performers through to success
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
It would be advantageous to have:
- Understanding of and experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and API and CIAM based solutions.
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent (preferred but not essential).
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.