Position Description: The Federal Sales Director is responsible for the development and business results of a team of quota-carrying Federal Account Executives, either DoD or Civilian Account Executives in the U.S.. Each Federal Account Executive is responsible for driving new business in federal accounts; daily prospecting in target accounts, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, working with regional partners and delivering assigned quarterly sales revenue targets. The right Sales Leader for this position should have the ability to identify and hire new account executives, increase the productivity of existing account executives through skill development, focusing their activities on the most strategic accounts, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution and building a highly empowered, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team of Senior Federal Account Executives in achieving quota
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new account executives
- Develop and manage Strategic Account and Territory Program
- Build executive-level relationships with our clients
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with extended team of partners, channel managers, pre-sales, services, training, legal, and renewals business partners
- Track record of building successful sales teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing enterprise sales team within a software sales environment
- Experience of handling individual contributors
- Fluency in Government Certifications
- Successful track record within the largest higher education systems and institutions in the US.
- Active network within the federal market as well as partners.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment
- Collaboration and good communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% with reps
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.