The Federal Sales Manager (FSM) will lead the sales process within an assigned territory within the Federal Civilian market.
We are seeking an FSM who will continually ensure assigned territory growth and profitability by developing solid business relationships with new and existing clients for Okta. You will plan and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas: territory planning, strategic account management, executive relationship development, presentation and delivery, negotiating, closing and executing contracts.
The candidate will identify leads and opportunities, both directly and through the agency vendor ecosystem, to market Okta products and services that will meet potential client’s needs. You will initiate contact meet with clients, with the objective to exceed quota, move prospects into implementation, and expand Okta presence across assigned client base. Candidate will lead sales campaigns, initiating customized proposals and communication for clients, and develop familiarity with potential clients to best meet their mission priorities. It is important that the candidate exercises leadership, demonstrate effective sales planning, and work in a positive and motivating way with internal counterparts and external clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Continually Build and Grow a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach
- Work with Federal System Integrators to build Okta into Program offerings
- Lead contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer happiness and success
- Client Related Travel Expected
- 10+ years Federal technology and cloud Sales experience
- Experience selling SaaS software solutions
- 5+ years of experience focused on Civilian Agencies
- Hunter mentality with solid Sales DNA
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Extensive customer network
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.