As the Global Sales Governance and Compliance Leader, you will be responsible for owning and driving a successful direct and partner sales compliance function, including evaluating existing processes and implementing improvements. This position will focus on helping Okta achieve its growth and expansion goals while effectively managing risk and ensuring company compliance with regulatory requirements.
This position will be reporting to the President of Worldwide Field Operations. It will be based out of Okta’s San Francisco office and will partner closely with Internal Audit, Legal, Finance and other cross functional stakeholders. We’re looking for a strong individual with experience designing and leading sales compliance at public companies or experience advising public companies on design and implementation of sales compliance programs.
- Define, implement and run a Partner Operations compliance and governance strategy that sets the north star for engagement with channel partners and productivity, that is aligned with the company’s global growth objectives.
- Lead a global program for direct sales and channel, that documents, assesses, and monitors direct sales processes and channel sales processes, controls, and compliance requirements, including export control, trade compliance, on-boarding and on-going diligence.
- Assess and prioritize risk for direct sales and channel partners based on relevant factors, including geographies and transaction volumes.
- Monitor the effectiveness of business processes and internal controls for sales and partner compliance activities.
- Closely partner with legal, internal audit, finance and other cross functional stakeholders to build and implement direct sales and channel partner compliance activities and help prioritize efforts for the organization.
- Act as a business partner to key stakeholders and advise on policy, programs, process, change management and control design.
- Drive reporting on KPIs for key channel partner relationships and maintain networks internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and 10+ years’ experience, specifically with 3+ years leading/implementing a sales & partner compliance function at a public company or as a consultant advising public companies. A Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- Big 4 or similar consulting experience is desirable.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., Internal and External Audit) and peers, and experience advising executive team.
- Advanced knowledge, skill, and understanding in direct and channel sales processes.
- Advanced knowledge, skill and understanding in trade compliance matters, such as restricted party screening, applicable anti-corruption laws including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act, antitrust and competition, and common fraud scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to present to business stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Works cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success.
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on the critical few.
- Solutions oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions and rolling up your sleeves to “get it done”.
- Ability and desire to work hands on in a fast paced environment.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.