GTM Compensation & Incentive Design Manager
Okta’s Go-To-Market (GTM) Compensation Strategy and Incentive Design team plays a critical role in the development and implementation of variable incentive compensation designs across all GTM functions. The team is responsible for driving the compensation plan design, implementation, and assessment of variable pay participants across Okta while delivering compensation plans that ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the GTM organization.
This role will report to the Director GTM Compensation Strategy & Incentive Design and play a pivotal role in developing scalable sales incentive programs for our Go-To-Market Sales and Customer First organizations. Success in this role requires the individual to operationalize Okta’s incentive compensation plans and operational processes to be clear, measurable, cost-efficient, and effective. They will be expected to work cross functionally with a huge emphasis on operational efficiency, scaling our business processes, and driving effective change management.
Responsibilities of this role will range from strategic (developing recommendations based on business objectives, influencing and building consensus among leaders) to operational and analytical (working across teams to ensure metrics can be tracked, measuring effectiveness of compensation plans, using a data driven approach to drive improvements). The ideal candidate should be familiar with how software companies align incentives with the responsibilities of different Go-To-Market functions (e.g., Sales Reps, Sales Engineering, Sales Development, Renewals, PS Engagement Managers, etc). This person will be expected to collaborate across Sales, Regional Sales Operations and Finance to deliver productivity and effective change management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with business leaders to ensure alignment of comp plan design to business initiatives, operational feasibility, and clear metrics that are measurable and material.
- Work with Finance and Commission Accounting to develop more comprehensive analytics to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan overall design effectiveness.
- Continually evaluate and improve upon our GTM Compensation business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamlining, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Business process ownership and governance for account coverage and sales crediting: ensuring timely and accurate processing for sales commissions attainment and reporting.
- Manage the quarterly Management by Objectives (MBO) payout process ensuring scores and calculations are captured and paid out in compliance with policies and plans.
- Focus on improving standardization, automation, and scalability initiatives to generate a high-level of accuracy and efficiency within our go-to-market compensation programs.
- Address inquiries related to incentive compensation.
- Review, revise, and enforce Go-To-Market compensation terms, conditions, and policies.
- Manage the design, administration, and ROI analysis of any temporary incentives (e.g. “SPIFFs”) to support short-term strategic priorities.
- Partnership with Sales Operations, Finance and Commission Finance teams ensuring effective collaboration, communication, and development of solutions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of recent experience in Sales Compensation design planning, Sales Commissions Operations and Sales Operations for public organizations within the SaaS, Computer Software or Technology industry.
- Deep subject matter expertise and business process knowledge across territory management, sales account coverage, sales crediting and compensation.
- Working systems knowledge of Salesforce, Anaplan, and Xactly (or other incentive compensation management software).
- Strong leadership and staff development and engagement skills with the ability to build partnerships across various functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can build an exec ready storyboard/presentation and anticipate what questions will be asked.
- Self-starter that seeks solutions without being told. Delivers high quality, accurate work on time.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Proven track record leading cross functional initiatives and virtual project teams with upper-management visibility.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*)Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.