Okta is seeking a results-oriented, strategic head of sales development in North America to be part of NA Demand Gen leadership fueling Okta’s growth in the US and Canada.
The Demand Generation team is responsible for generating pipeline across multiple segments, products and geographies. The team is comprised of marketers who develop pipeline generating programs and a team of sales development representatives, who follow up on all the inbound leads from those programs as well as proactively outbound to select target accounts.
In this critical role, you will lead the North America BDRs and SDRs, who are located in DC, Chicago and San Francisco. You will be a manager of managers, and report into the head of Demand Generation of North America.
The leader we’re seeking will excel at driving repeatable pipeline, building world-class teams and partnering closely with sales, marketing and channel teams to solve new Go-To-Market challenges.
This person is a seasoned manager who thrives in a dynamic environment and moves quickly to build structure and process. They will be comfortable collaborating across senior functional owners throughout the company including at our corporate offices in San Francisco, and leading a team of 80+ XDRs nation wide.
- Consistently meet or exceed pipeline quotas
- Lead hiring, onboarding, training, coaching and development of a team of young professionals in sales development
- Analyze pipeline data and draw business insights. Make business decisions based on the data
- Build a plan to fuel Okta’s growth by generating top-of-the-funnel pipeline across multiple geos and segments in North America
- Execute on the plan to bring new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Provide call coaching, prospecting, and messaging structure and guidance
- Offer career development and coaching to advance individuals on the team
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Demonstrated experience and success building quality sales pipeline for B2B SaaS business
- Strong leadership qualities, and demonstrated success of leading a high performing team
- Deep understanding of demand generation, inbound and target account outbound strategies
- Experience leading a Sales Development, Business Development or Inside Sales organizations
- Adept at collaborating with sales, product marketing and cross functional marketing team
- Highly self-motivated and organized. Excellent time management skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and reporting
- Creative mindset and can-do attitude
- Salesforce experience is a must. Other prospecting and Sales Development tools are a plus
- College degree or equal experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment across various time zones
- Office daily presence is a must. Some travel is required (20% estimated)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.